Firstly a big thank you to everyone who said such lovely things about the Naughty Guide! I really appreciate all your kind words, it was a pleasure (!) to research and write, and I promise to continue bringing you all the filth and the fabulous from our little London town!This month I have found myself on a quest for good clean fun. I'm by no means a raging politico but, as I understand it, the Pudding Club have got their hands on the Red Box of Power and are currently riding around town on the backs of giant swans, playing a form of street polo; using giant carved ivory mallets to whack anyone whose name isn't double barrelled until all their money falls out of their trousers. Finally the vermilion eyed, six-toed 1st XI Rugger team all ride off guffawing into the night, necklaces of babies' teeth clicking eerily against Savile Row cashmere? Have I got that right?
In any case, times like these call for burgers, karaoke and a big dose of party, starting off with Meddlers of Honour - I cannot recommend this night highly enough. If you're single, and your getting sick of dating websites, speed-dating/hating, blind dates and loved-up mates, then why not come and hang out in a room full of beautiful, fun and interesting single people. Alcohol you say? Mais oui! You might meet your Xmas romance or the love of your life...get involved at http://www.meddlersofhonour.com/
La Vie visited Piccadilly karaoke joint The Source Below the other week (http://www.thesourcebelow.com/) which was a real departure from the more corporate karaoke bars that have sprung up over London recently.
If you'd like nothing more than to sing like a fool, with all your friends around you in an intimate private bar (yes, you get the whole place to yourself) without paying £11 per drink, then look no further!
If you'd like nothing more than to sing like a fool, with all your friends around you in an intimate private bar (yes, you get the whole place to yourself) without paying £11 per drink, then look no further!After all that meddling and singing, I got quite peckish. Now, I'm not normally a fan of burgers - I think I've read too many American junk food expose books. However, there is a big difference between ordering your damp, anaemic, flat affair that's been making friends with the hotlamp for the last three hours (at which point the cow was probably still alive anyway) and the Brazilian feast that awaited me at X Burger House on Willesden Lane.
Burgers here are juicy, fat, and really tasty - obviously the meat is great quality and the toppings all work really well, even the slightly weirder sounding additions like peas and sweetcorn - don't knock it! Burgers come in 5" or 7", the larger of the two being a bit smaller than Saturn. Yes, this place is very generous with portions! 
However, this is not reflected in the price - roughly £10 per head including beer. I urge you to support and frequent this small but very impressive establishment - wonderful Sunday lunch venue, miles away from 6am stodge and city pretence alike...
40-42 Willesden Lane, London NW6 7ST, 0207 372 1001
No comments:
Post a Comment