London has finally emerged unscathed from beneath thousands of feet of snow - the white stuff has only served to remind us that, while the country and the government remain powerless in the face of the elements, my God we are good at walking gingerly (I'm a redhead so I'm allowed to say that)
I had visions of writing this whilst holed up in an underground bunker, necking vodka and pining after Count Vronsky, but it was not to be. However I can still dream. So let me wrap my fur stole of knowledge around you as I bestow upon you my recommendations for January...
Frisky & Mannish @ Soho Theatre, Dean St (15th, 16th, 17th)
This cabaret act is one of the funniest things you will ever see, and I say that with no hyberbole or cliche and only a touch of envy. Parodies of pop songs, pop culture and a massive dose of camp make this a fantastic way to spend an hour or two. Favourites include 'Beep' by the Pussycat Dolls, performed in the style of bawdy English seafront entertainers, and Kate Bush's 'Wuthering Heights' in the style of Kate Nash (I.e. 'Eathcliff! It's me, Caffy, I've come 'ome innit blud)
http://www.friskyandmannish.co.uk/Frisky_and_Mannish/Frisky_and_Mannish.html
Before: Patisserie Valerie on Old Compton St - let yourself eat cake
After: Thirst Bar, Frith St - headfucking Mojitos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment